RAO application count dashboard and grants data now available
The following resources are now available to assist RAOs assess applicants’ eligibility to apply for and/or hold a grant from any of the Investigator, Ideas and Synergy Grant schemes in the 2022 funding round:
- RAO NHMRC Grant Program Application Count Dashboard
- NHMRC Grant Data
RAO application count dashboard
NHMRC has re-deployed the Application Count Dashboard to Sapphire and instructions for how to use it can be found here.
The dashboard will provide RAOs visibility of their researchers’ NHMRC grant program application counts, including showing where researchers are CIs on applications being administered by other institutions.
Based on NHMRC’s evaluation of the dashboard pilot in the 2021 round, the dashboard has now been updated to reflect the following:
- The RAO of an application can see the total application count for each CI listed on the application, including CIs whose primary institution is different from the application’s administering institution.
- If a CI exceeds the allowed number of applications submitted, the CI’s status ‘Exceed cap’ reflects ‘Yes’ for the application/s they sit on.
- If one or more CIs on an application exceeds the capping limit, then the status for the application ‘Exceed cap’ reflects ‘Yes’ for the application.
The dashboard is indicative only and RAOs will still need to review NHMRC grant data and make judgements based on their knowledge of grants held by applicants and all other eligibility rules.
NHMRC grant data
NHMRC has updated and re-released the NHMRC grant data on NHMRC’s website to assist in undertaking eligibility checks for NHMRC’s 2022 funding rounds.
The data is indicative only and lists Chief Investigators (CIA – CIJ) for grants for the following schemes:
- Investigator Grants
- Ideas Grants
- Synergy Grants
- Project Grants
- Program Grants
- MRFF Investigator Grants
- MRFF Next Generation Clinical Researchers Fellowships (Practitioner Fellowships and Career Development Fellowships).
The data set was generated on Friday 25 February 2022 and only includes grants where the grant end date is after 31 December 2022, meaning that only grants ending in 2023 or later are included. Additionally, note that data:
- are based on ‘current’ (at 25 February 2022) grant end date, not ‘original’ grant end date
- exclude grants that finish in 2022 or earlier
- include grants that will still be active next year or beyond (2023 or beyond)
- may not be inclusive of grants with variations still in progress.
While it is still the CI’s responsibility to be aware of their grants held/applied for, NHMRC recommends that RAOs also follow up with relevant CIs to resolve any potential eligibility concerns.
Please contact the Research Help Centre on email@example.com for further information or assistance.