Medical Research Future Fund – Funding outcomes announced and new grant opportunities open for applications
1. Medical Research Future Fund – Funding outcomes announced
The Government has announced the outcomes of the following Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) grant opportunities:
- Clinical Trials Activity Initiative – 2020 International Clinical Trial Collaborations, Round 1
- Clinical Trials Activity Initiative – 2020 Rare Cancers Rare Diseases Unmet Need – General
- Coronavirus Research Response – 2020 COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate Research Grant Opportunity, Round 2
- Emerging Priorities and Consumer Driven Research Initiative – 2020 Medicinal Cannabis Clinical Trials Grant Opportunity
- Emerging Priorities and Consumer Driven Research Initiative – 2020 Silicosis Research Grant Opportunity
- Million Minds Mission – 2020 Mental Health Research Grant Opportunity
- Preventive and Public Health Research Initiative – 2020 Efficient Use of Existing Medicines Grant Opportunity
- Preventive and Public Health Research Initiative – 2020 Maternal Health and First 2000 Days, Early Childhood, and Exercise and Nutrition Grant Opportunity
- Primary Health Care Research Initiative – 2020 Primary Health Care Research Grant Opportunity
Outcomes from these grant opportunities are no longer under embargo.
The full media release can be found on the Department of Health website.
RAOs are requested to pass this information to the relevant Chief Investigators within their institutions.
Please contact the NHMRC Research Help Centre via firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or assistance.
2. Medical Research Future Fund - New grant opportunities open for applications
The following MRFF grant opportunities are now open for applications in Sapphire:
- Clinical Trials Activity Initiative – 2021 Rare Cancers Rare Diseases and Unmet Need (RCRDUN)
Applicants to the RCRDUN grant opportunity should note that there are two application forms in Sapphire: one form is exclusively for applicants to Stream 2, while the other form is for use by applicants to Streams 1,3,4,5, 6 and 7
- Coronavirus Research Response – 2021 COVID 19 Health Impacts and Vaccination Schedules
Details on how to apply for the MRFF grant opportunities are available via GrantConnect.
Researchers, consumers, clinicians and health practitioners, as well as those in industry, policy or who manage health services are invited to express their interest in assisting with the assessment of MRFF applications as a member of a grant assessment committee.
Register your interest via the NHMRC online portal.