Tracker is a fortnightly email newsletter that informs the Australian research community about major NHMRC activities and funding opportunities.
Key application dates
- Partnership Projects 2019 PRC1 – Applications close on 10 April 2019 with minimum data due 27 March 2019.
- MRFF Targeted Health System and Community Organisation Research —Applications close on 10 April 2019.
- Synergy Grants – Applications close on 1 May 2019 with minimum data due on 17 April 2019.
- Targeted Call for Research into Per- and Poly-Fluoroalkylated Substances - Applications close on 1 May 2019 with minimum data due on 17 April 2019.
- Clinical Trials and Cohort Studies Grants – Applications close on 8 May 2019 with minimum data due on 10 April 2019.
- Ideas Grants – Applications close on 8 May 2019 with minimum data due on 10 April 2019.
- Partnership Projects 2019 PRC2 – Applications open on 28 March 2019.
- Postgraduate scholarships – Applications open on 17 April 2019 and close on 12 June 2019.
2019 Ideas Grant Review Panel (GRP) membership update
Membership requirements for Ideas GRPs will be reviewed following the minimum data due date and appointments will be confirmed shortly after. Please advise NHMRC as soon as possible of any changes to your availability for Ideas Grants peer review.
Improving Innovation Indicators - public consultation
The Department of Industry, Innovation and Science is undertaking a review of innovation metrics. The review consultation period is now open. Submissions close on 28 March 2019; see the website for further information.
ANZSRC Review – public consultation
The Australian Research Council, Australian Bureau of Statistics , Statistics New Zealand, and the New Zealand Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment are undertaking a joint review of the Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC). Public consultation for the ANZSRC Review is now open. Submissions close on 7 June 2019; see the website for further information.
NHMRC Institutional Annual Compliance Reporting (IARC)
The NHMRC Institutional Annual Compliance Report template for 2018 reporting is available in RGMS. All NHMRC administering institutions are required to submit a report by the 30 April 2019. Further information is available on the NHMRC website.
2018 Peer review honour roll
An Honour Roll of Peer Reviewer Panel Members, Community Observers and External Assessors who contributed to NHMRC peer review processes in 2018 was published on the NHMRC website on 12 March. The list published was not complete – a revised version is now available on our website.
We apologise for the error and again thank all of the Peer Reviewer Panel Members, Community Observers and External Assessors for their contribution to the 2018 peer review process.
Diagnosis and management of work-related mental health conditions in general practice
NHMRC has approved recommendations made in the Clinical guideline for the diagnosis and management of work-related mental health conditions in general practice. The guideline was developed by the Monash University Department of General Practice and is endorsed by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
New case study
NHMRC has released a new case study describing the TRIUMPH hypertension study funded by NHMRC through the Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases. The results from the study have the potential to change the way hypertension is treated globally. The case study is a result of collaboration between NHMRC and The George Institute for Global Health.
Early bird registrations now open for the Australian Dementia Forum 2019 - Shining a light on the impact of dementia research
The forum, to be held in Hobart, on 13-14 June 2019, will examine how best to maximise the impact and benefit of dementia research to the whole community - for people living with dementia, their families and carers, and those at risk of dementia - through accelerated research translation.