Tracker is a fortnightly email newsletter that informs the Australian research community about major NHMRC activities and funding opportunities.
Key application dates
- Ideas Grants — Applications open in RGMS on 6 March 2019. Applications close on 8 May 2019 with minimum data due on 10 April 2019.
- Synergy Grants — Applications open in RGMS on 6 March 2019. Applications close on 1 May 2019 with minimum data due on 17 April 2019.
- Targeted Call for Research into Nutrition in Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islander Peoples — Applications close on 6 March 2019 with minimum data due on 20 February 2019.
- Clinical Trials and Cohort Studies Grants — Applications close on 8 May 2019 with minimum data due on 10 April 2019.
- MRFF Million Minds Mission — Applications close on 20 February 2019. FAQs for MRFF Million Minds Mission are available on GrantConnect.
- MRFF International Clinical Trial Collaborations (ICTC) grant opportunity next application due date is on 10 April 2019 with minimum data due on 27 March 2019.
Update on Investigator Grants
Investigator Grants closed on 6 February 2019. Peer review is now underway. The Investigator Grants 2019 Peer Review Guidelines are available on NHMRC’s website.
Accreditation round open – Advanced Health Research and Translation Centres and Centres for Innovation in Regional Health
Calls for submissions from groups seeking NHMRC accreditation as an Advanced Health Research and Translation Centre or a Centre for Innovation in Regional Health opened in October 2018. Submissions close 8:00pm (AEDT) on 18 March 2019.
Call for MRFF International Clinical Trial Collaborations (ICTC) panel members
Clinician researchers are invited to express their interest in assisting with the assessment of ICTC applications as a member of the peer review panel via email.
Update on Synergy and Ideas Grant review panel membership
NHMRC thanks all those who have accepted a preliminary invitation to participate as a Synergy Grant and Ideas Grant review panel member in 2019. NHMRC will review its membership requirements following the minimum data for both schemes and confirm panel appointments shortly after. Please advise NHMRC as soon as possible of any changes to your availability for peer review.
Research Administration Officer (RAO) RGMS user guide
The applying for grants user guide for the use of RAOs is available on NHMRC’s website.
NHMRC Symposium on Research Translation
Plenary and keynote presentation videos as well as PowerPoint presentations from the parallel sessions at the 2018 NHMRC Symposium are now available.
This year’s symposium, the 8th Annual NHMRC Symposium on Research Translation, will be held in Melbourne in November 2019. Further details will be advised as soon as they are available. The theme this year will be “Research Translation in the digital age: harnessing the power of data and analytical technologies."