Expression of Interest – MRFF Grant Assessment Committee
The Department of Health is seeking interest from a range of stakeholders to assist in MRFF grant review and assessment processes as a member of a Grant Assessment Committee for a number of 2021-22 MRFF grant opportunities.
The MRFF helps shape the future of health and medical research, improve lives and contributes to an innovative and sustainable health system. It has a particular focus on collaborative and translational research and utilises grant assessment processes that embrace diverse perspectives, including alternative disciplines, industry, health care and consumer experience.
In line with the published MRFF Grant Opportunity Guidelines, MRFF grant assessments have a strong focus on impact and value and the Department of Health is interested in hearing from people with translation, implementation, and a health and medical consumer focus, who can demonstrate experience and/or expertise in the following areas:
- Translation of research into clinical practice
- Commercialisation of health research
- Transdisciplinary research, e.g. collaboration and/or engagement between researchers, consumers, patient groups, those involved in health service delivery and industry
- International research projects, including clinical trials
- Health economics and biostatistics
- Representing consumer and/or community organisations.
It is not essential to have a research qualification to contribute to MRFF grant assessment.
Please note that NHMRC administers some MRFF grant opportunities on behalf of the Department of Health. As such, participation as a member of an MRFF Grant Assessment Committee is independent of, and should be considered separate to, any existing NHMRC peer review responsibilities.