Acceleration of the translation of research is a Priority Action of the NHMRC Strategic Plan 2013-15. A flagship activity for the triennium is to recognise leadership in innovative discovery research, research translational activities, the provision of health care and the training of doctors, nurses and other health professionals in an evidence-based environment, at international levels of excellence.
To encourage leadership at an internationally competitive level, NHMRC has recognised centres as NHMRC Advanced Health Research and Translation Centres that excel in research, the translation of evidence into excellent patient care including of the most complex cases, and with a strong research and translation focus in the education of health professionals, at an international level.
- Media Release (28 March 2015): New centres foster better health through research translation
- Announcement of the outcomes of the NHMRC initiative to recognise NHMRC Advanced Health Research and Translation Centres (PDF, 75KB)
- Report to the NHMRC from the International Panel (PDF, 110KB)
12 December 2014
8 – 10 December 2014
International Panel meets to consider submissions against 6 criteria:
- Leadership in outstanding research- and evidence-based clinical care, including for the most difficult clinical conditions
- Excellence in innovative biomedical, clinical, public health and health services research
- Programs and activities to accelerate research findings into health care and ways of bringing health care problems to the researchers
- Research-infused education and training
- Health professional leaders who ensure that research knowledge is translated into policies and practices locally, nationally and internationally
- Strong collaboration amongst the research, translation, patient care and education programs.
16 July – 30 September 2014
NHMRC called for submissions from interested groups for recognition as an NHMRC Advanced Health Research and Translation Centres.
- Call for submissions for recognition by NHMRC as an Advanced Health Research and Translation Centre - update 28 July 2014 (PDF, 440KB)
The following information was provided to assist groups to prepare submissions:
- CEO Newsletter: ‘Building scale, scope and excellence in research and translation’
- Stakeholder questions and answers: Questions and Answers regarding NHMRC Advanced Health Research and Translation Centres.
In addition, stakeholder teleconferences were held on 28th August and 2nd September to provide a further avenue for questions from stakeholders.
30 March 2012
21 December 2010
Further enquiries should be directed to AdvancedCentres2014@nhmrc.gov.au.
Page last updated on 28 March 2015