Acceleration of the translation of research is a Priority Action of the NHMRC Strategic Plan (2013-15). A flagship activity for the triennium is to recognise leadership in innovative discovery research, research translational activities, the provision of health care and the training of doctors, nurses and other health professionals in an evidence-based environment, at international levels of excellence.
To encourage leadership at an internationally competitive level, NHMRC wishes to recognise centres that excel in research, the translation of evidence into excellent patient care including of the most complex cases, and with a strong research and translation focus in the education of health professionals.
NHMRC now calls for submissions from interested groups for recognition as an NHMRC Advanced Health Research and Translation Centre. Submitting groups should provide evidence of:
- Leadership in outstanding research- and evidence-based clinical care, including for the most difficult clinical conditions,
- Excellence in innovative biomedical, clinical, public health and health services research,
- Programs and activities to accelerate research findings into health care and ways of bringing health care problems to the researchers
- Research-infused education and training,
- Health professional leaders who ensure that research knowledge is translated into policies and practices locally, nationally and internationally
- Strong collaboration amongst the research, translation, patient care and education programs.
Information on how to make a submission is contained in the following document:
- Call for submissions for recognition by NHMRC as an Advanced Health Research and Translation Centre - update 28 July 2014 (PDF, 440KB)
Please note that further information on making a submission, including formatting requirements, is detailed on pages 6-7 of the Call for Submissions document.
- CEO Newsletter ‘Building scale, scope and excellence in research and translation’
- Questions and Answers regarding NHMRC Advanced Health Research and Translation Centres
Making a submission
Submissions must be provided to electronically by 7pm AEST, Tuesday 30 September 2014, by email to AdvancedCentres2014@nhmrc.gov.au.
Inquiries should be directed to AdvancedCentres2014@nhmrc.gov.au, or by phone to 02 6217 9430.