Podcasts produced by NHMRC are listed below. Please note these podcasts are large files and may take some time to download.
2011 occasional series
- Professor Georgia Chenevix-Trench: Genetic pre-disposition to breast cancer
- Professor James McCluskey: Unlocking the secrets of the immune system
- Professor Nic Nicola: Of blood, cancer and care
- Professor Stewart Einfeld: Developmental disabilities and mental health
- Dr Della Yarnold: Keeping kidney health in the Indigenous community
2010 NHMRC Australia Fellows
- Professor Nigel Bunnett - New approaches for treating chronic inflammation and plain
- Professor Michael Good AO on developing vaccines for malaria and rheumatic fever
- Associate Professor Paul Keall on improving the accuracy of cancer radiation treatment
- Professor Shaun Jackson: Investigating new treatment methods for people at risk of heart disease and stroke
- Professor Mark Smyth: Combining therapies to combat cancer
- Professor Francis Carbone: Exploring the immune system’s first line of defence
- Professor Charles Mackay: Is diet behind asthma’s rise in western society?
- Professor Chris Goodnow: The immune system – friend or foe?
- Professor John Mattick: Noncoding RNA – genetic junk or jewel?
- Professor James Best on conflict of interest
- Professor Ian Frazer on research careers (vodcast)
- Professor Nadia Rosenthal on human regeneration (multimedia)
- NHMRC's new alcohol guidelines – what do they really mean?
- How do we improve the quality of our patients' care? – Professor Richard Grol
- Water: elixir of life or harbinger of disease - Dr Jamie Bartram
- Direct-to-consumer DNA testing – Professor Ron Trent
- Your DNA: a case of 'buyer beware'? – Vijaya Nagarajan
- Young, groundbreaking and inspiring: Professor James Whisstock
10 of the Best Research Projects 2009
- Associate Professors Marc Achen and Steven Stacker: Research: the excitement and the challenges
- Dr Julia Pitcher: What will you do with your life?
- Associate Professor Roger Martin: Killing cancer without collateral damage
- Dr Elisabeth Hodson: Good news on Indigenous kids’ health
- Professor Len Harrison – Curiosity leads to diabetes breakthrough
- Associate Professor Karin Eidne – Targeting highly-prized molecules
- Professor Peter Eastwood – Keep on breathing while you sleep
- Professor Susan Clark – We are what our grandmothers ate
- A/Professor David Thomas – Saving young lives from Sarcoma
10 of the Best Research Projects 2008
- Dr Tim Rayner – Cleopatra bathed in it, now it heals skin
- Professor Allison Cowin – 'Flightless' protein helps heal wounds
- Professor Nick Fazzalari – Osteoarthritis research gets closer to the bone
- Professor Adele Green – Can cancers be prevented?
- Professor David James – Chinese medicine may hold the key to treating diabetes
- Professor Melissa Wake – Whose fault is obesity, mum's or dad's?
- A/Professor Mark Hedger – Mysteries of male reproduction
- Dr Belinda Gabbe – Finding better ways to treat traumatic injury
- Professor Mike Morgan –We know fluoride saves teeth, but is it cost effective?
- Dr Caroline Gargett – Breakthrough discovery: naturally-occurring stem cells in women
Great minds in health and medical research 2008
- Ian Frazer
- Jane Hall
- Fiona Stanley
- Wendy Hoy
- Tony McMichael
- Barry Marshall
- Caroline McMillen
- John Hopper
- Doug Hilton
- Judith Whitworth
- Warwick Anderson