Mental Health Targeted Call for Research (TCR): closes 23 October
Evidence shows an alarming rise in the incidence of suicide amongst Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and adolescents. NHMRC is providing up to $5 million for research into developing and testing a range of interventions to address this issue. Further information: NHMRC website.
Confirmation of advice about Partnership Projects
As advised in Research Tracker on 20 September 2013, the 2014 First Call for Partnership Project applications will open on 19 March 2014.
The 2013 Third Call is currently open and will close on 19 November 2013. This is the final call for Partnership Projects applications this year. Further information: NHMRC website.
Read the updated Peer Review Guidelines for NHMRC Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Targeted Call for Research (TCR)
This TCR provides support for research with a primary focus on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. Further information: NHMRC website.
Read the 2013 NHMRC Project Grants Category Descriptors
These descriptors were used as part of peer review of the 2013 Project Grants applications. Available on the NHMRC website (PDF, 253KB).
Do you still require your RGMS account?
NHMRC will soon be deactivating unused accounts to free up licences for new users. Users who have a genuine need for access or a history of recent activity will be exempt from deactivation, including:
- Recent applicants, assigners and assessors
- RAOs and current grant holders
- Users who have updated their RGMS Profile in the last 12 months
If your account is deactivated, you can reactivate it at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Update on Research Committee activities
On 26-27 September, RC met to discuss:
- Streamlining NHMRC Application and Assessment Procedures.
- Project Grants, Partnership Projects, NHMRC / EU Research Grants, Career Development Fellowships, Early Career Fellowships and TRIP Fellowship Funding Recommendations.
- Project Grants Funding Rules for funding commencing in 2015, including eligibility rules for New Investigators.
- Providing opportunities for Australian researchers to participate in collaborative research projects co-funded with the UK National Institute for Health Research.
- NHMRC participation in a forthcoming Request for Application by the Global Alliance for Chronic Disease (GACD).
RC is scheduled to meet a further three times prior to the end of the year.
FOR YOUR INTEREST
Follow NHMRC research in the news
- Latest news articles about the outcomes of NHMRC-funded research
NHMRC approved guidelines developed by third parties
- Australian clinicians and policy-makers can access NHMRC approved clinical practice guidelines on the Clinical Practice Guidelines Portal.