On 25 and 26 November 2013, ARC and NHMRC hosted a Research Administrators’ Seminar, in association with the Australasian Research Management Society (ARMS).
The seminar was a valuable opportunity for both new and experienced RAOs to hear the latest updates from senior staff at ARC and NHMRC. The seminar included RGMS Help Centre staff training sessions, RAO-led sessions, and opportunities to network and participate throughout the event.
Information for Attendees
The slides from all presentations given by NHMRC staff over the course of the seminar are below.
- CEO’s ARC Presentation (25 November 2013) (PDF, 1MB)
- NHMRC Presentations (26 November 2013)
- Presentation 1: CEO’s Opening and Welcome (PDF, 1.21MB)
- Presentation 2: Streamlining Applications and Assessment (PDF, 959KB)
- Presentation 3: Lifecycle of an Application/Grant (PDF, 637KB)
- Presentation 4: Issues Raised by RAO via Feedback
This session was interactive, giving RAOs the opportunity to ask a range of questions about both pre-award and post-award matters. An FAQ document addressing some of the questions asked will be uploaded shortly.
The following documentation was provided to attendees online prior to the seminar.
- NHMRC Agenda (PDF, 29KB)
- Graphic: Lifecycle of an Application/Grant (PDF, 201KB)
- Graphic: Virtuous Cycle (PDF, 456KB)
- New Direct Research Cost (DRC) Guidelines (PDF, 45KB)
- Information on People Support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples (PDF, 1.1MB)
- ARC Agenda (PDF, 15KB)
The new RGMS Training Program which was launched on Tuesday 26 November is now available online.
If you have any questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to email the NHMRC Project Manager.