NHMRC has a legislated role in providing high quality evidence based health advice to government and the community.
NHMRC fulfils this role by:
- Developing high quality clinical practice, population health and ethics guidelines
- Approving high quality guidelines developed by organisations external to the NHMRC
- Setting standards for high quality guideline development
- Developing resources to assist guideline developers
- Providing a portal to current clinical practice guidelines and a national register of guidelines in development
- Monitoring guideline activity in Australia.
Page last updated on 19 August 2014