How NHMRC develops its guidelines
NHMRC guidelines are developed following a rigorous evidence-based approach using a 9-step process.
Information for guideline developers
Information to assist guideline developers in meeting the NHMRC standard for clinical practice guidelines.
- Information for guideline developers overview
- Procedures and requirements to meet the 2011 NHMRC standard for clinical practice guidelines
- NHMRC standards and procedures for externally developed guidelines (2007)
- Resources for guideline developers
- NHMRC initiatives to support high quality clinical practice guideline development
NHMRC develops its guidelines in consultation with experts, expert bodies and the community.
The Cochrane Collaboration
NHMRC, through the Health and Medical Research Program, supports Australian-based Cochrane Collaboration activities. The Round 6 call for applications for funding closed on 5 April 2013.