This dataset contains a summary by grant type and sub type of the total commitments for the new grants awarded to commence in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. It is essentially a summary of grant announcements from the 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 Applications Rounds. A link to the relevant grant funding page or media announcement on the NHMRC website is also provided for those wishing to review the information.
Download the dataset
- Summary of Annual Funding Commitments 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 (XLS, 53KB) updated December 2012
Users are advised to read these data with some caution because, while the data will reflect ministerial approval of funding across the years of the grants at the time that the announcement was made, NHMRC research grant funding changes over time for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to:
- the annual indexation of expenditure;
- decisions to accept or not accept the offer of award;
- availability of reserves for some People Support grants, where an offer of award is declined;
- delay in the start of a grant;
- transfer of researchers between institutions; and
- a delay in obtaining the necessary approvals to conduct the research.