NHMRC Practitioner Fellowships provide support for active clinicians and public health or health services professionals to undertake research that is linked to their practice or policy.
Changes to Practitioner Fellowships scheme for 2013
Several changes have been made to the Practitioner Fellowships including:
- Removal of external assessments
- Introduction of all interviews by teleconference
- Reapplications will only be assessed at the fellow’s current level
For a full list of changes to Practitioner Fellowships, please refer to Part 2, Section 4 of the NHMRC Funding Rules.
Applying for Funding
The NHMRC’s Research Grants Management System (RGMS) must be used to access/enter your CV and Profile, and submit your Practitioner Fellowship application.
Applicants who are not yet registered in RGMS should contact the Research Help Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A complete Practitioner Fellowship application consists of:
- Parts A and B of the application form
- The relevant information in your RGMS Profile and CV
- The uploaded PDF document containing your Proposed Research (uploaded to Part B:Propsed Research)
- The uploaded PDF Confirmation Letters in relation to Clinical/Public Health status and employment positions (uploaded to Part B: Funding Partner/Employers).
Note: Application for Practitioner Fellowships which are submitted without Confirmation Letters, will be deemed ineligible.
Prior to submission, applicants are to ensure they:
- Read all relevant reference material;
- Liaise with their Administering Institution to identify any specific requirements that the institution may have; and
- Ensure their application is complete and correct (once submitted to NHMRC, your application will be considered final and no changed can be accepted).
The key dates for the Practitioner Fellowships 2013 round for funding commencing in 2014 are
- Applications open: 12 December 2012
- Applications close: 17:00hrs (5pm) AEDST, 13 February 2013
Documentation to apply for a Practitioner Fellowship
- NHMRC Funding Rules incorporating the NHMRC Practitioner Fellowships scheme for funding commencing in 2014 (PDF, 335KB)
- NHMRC Practitioner Fellowships Advice and Instructions to Applicants for funding commencing in 2014 (PDF, 170KB)
- Practitioner Fellowship Peer Review Guidelines for funding commencing in 2014 (PDF, 291KB)
If you require more information, direct your inquiry to your Research Administration Office in the first instance.
In the event that you are unable to satisfy your concern by seeking assistance through your administering institution:
Contact the Research Help Centre on 1800 500983, or email email@example.com.