What are NHMRC Partnership Projects?
NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects (Partnership Projects) will help create partnerships among decision makers, policy makers, managers, clinicians and researchers. This funding scheme provides funding and support to create new opportunities for researchers and policy makers to work together to define research questions and undertake research and also to interpret and implement the findings.
Partnership Projects will answer a specific research question to influence health and well-being through changes in the delivery, organisation, funding and access to health services.
Continuous Application Process
This scheme allows applicants to apply at any time during the year rather than through just one annual round. This process also allows researchers and partner organisations to develop timely collaborations. As each round closes, the next round will open on the following day. The peer review process is streamlined to allow multiple rounds during the year. The grant commencement date is not fixed for 1 January – it will be aligned with the timing of each round. Therefore, funding will be provided more quickly after grants are awarded/announced and when all necessary documentation is in place.
2014 First Call
19 March 2014
24 June 2014
Documentation to Apply for Partnership Projects – 2014 First Call
The documentation to apply for an NHMRC Partnership Project is shown below.
- NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health - Partnership Projects Funding Rules
- NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects Advice and Instructions to Applicants (PDF, 329KB)
- NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects Peer Review Guidelines for funding commencing in 2014: available soon
- NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects Application form: available through RGMS on 19 March
- NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects Grant proposal template (DOCX, 19KB)
- NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects Guide to Partner Letter of Support (DOCX, 18KB)
- NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects Category Descriptors (PDF, 55KB)
Clarification about “affiliated organisations”
Since the change in the Partnership Projects 2014 First Call Funding Rules, NHMRC has received queries requesting further information about who can be named a partner and what is meant by “affiliated organisations”. Please find clarification about these matters in the document below.
Outcomes of Previous Rounds
- Round 9 – 2013 Third Call (TBA)
- Round 8 – 2013 Second Call
- Round 7 - 2013 First Call
- Round 6 - 2012 Third Call
- Round 5 - 2012 Second Call
- Round 4 - 2012 First Call
- Round 3 - 2011
- Round 2 - 2010
- Round 1 - 2009
Contact for further information
Enquiries about the NHMRC Partnership Projects scheme can be directed to email@example.com.
Archive information - Documentation for Previous Calls
Documentation to Apply for an NHMRC Partnership Project - 2013 Third Call (NOW CLOSED)