What are NHMRC Partnership Projects?
NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects (Partnership Projects) will help create partnerships among decision makers, policy makers, managers, clinicians and researchers. This funding scheme provides funding and support to create new opportunities for researchers and policy makers to work together to define research questions and undertake research and also to interpret and implement the findings.
Partnership Projects will answer a specific research question to influence health and well-being through changes in the delivery, organisation, funding and access to health services.
Continuous Application Process
This scheme allows applicants to apply at any time during the year rather than through just one annual round. This process also allows researchers and partner organisations to develop timely collaborations. As each round closes, the next round will open on the following day. The peer review process is streamlined to allow multiple rounds during the year. The grant commencement date is not fixed for 1 January – it will be aligned with the timing of each round. Therefore, funding will be provided more quickly after grants are awarded/announced and when all necessary documentation is in place.
- Applications OPEN 25 June 2014
- Minimum data and citizenship waiver deadline 5pm (AEST) on 23 July 2014
- Applications CLOSE at 5pm (AEST) on 20 August 2014
Minimum Data requirements (New for 2014 Second Call)
To be eligible to apply, the following sections of the application form must be completed in RGMS by 17:00 AEST on 23 July 2014. Applications initiated after this date will not be accepted. Minimum data consists of completing the following:
- A-PA Part A Home (specifically the Administering Institution, Application Title and Synopsis)
- A-RC Research Classification
- A-RT Research Team and Commitment (core team members if known)
Failure to complete minimum data by the required date will deem the application ineligible.
Note that RAOs should not certify applications for the purpose of minimum data; applications should only be certified once complete and ready for submission.
Apply for Funding
The NHMRC’s Research Grants Management System (RGMS) must be used to access/update your CV and profile and to submit your Partnership Project application.
Applicants who are not yet registered on RGMS, should contact the Research Help Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A complete Partnership Projects application must consist of the following:
- Completion of Parts A and B (including the Grant Proposal pdf) of the application form; and
- The relevant information in your RGMS profile and CV.
Prior to submission of an application for Partnership Project funding, applicants are to ensure they:
- read all relevant reference material; and
- liaise with their Administering Institution to identify any specific requirements that the Institution may have.
Applicants should note that as a result of streamlining the application and assessment (peer review) process for NHMRC schemes, less information will be required in the application compared to previous years. View more information on the Streamlining and Application Assessment Project.
Citizenship Waiver Requests
Requests to waive the requirement for the CIA to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident must be certified and submitted by the Administering Institution’s Research Administration Officer (RAO) by no later than 5pm (AEST) on Wednesday 23 July 2014. The waiver request should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject ‘Citizenship waiver request for the 2014 Partnership Project funding scheme’.
To enable an informed decision to be made as early as possible, waiver requests should include the following information:
- Applicant’s full name;
- Administering Institution;
- Application ID (if known);
- Current visa type and expiry date;
- Employment status noting employer and term of appointment;
- Details of the applicant/s permanent residency (if applicable).
Documentation to Apply for Partnership Projects – 2014 Second Call
The documentation to apply for an NHMRC Partnership Project is shown below.
- NHMRC Funding Rules Incorporating the NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health - Partnership Projects 2014 Second Call for funding commencing in 2015
- Applicants should review Section A: NHMRC Funding Rules; and Section N: NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects 2014 Second Call
- Advice and Instructions to applicants
- NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects 2014 Second Call Advice and Instructions to Applicants (PDF, 874KB)
- NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects 2014 Second Call Grant Proposal Template (DOC, 28KB)
- NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects Guide to Partner Letter of Support (DOCX, 18KB)
- RGMS Offline Application forms
- RGMS User Guides
- NHMRC Administering Institutions List.
- NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects 2014 Second Call Peer Review Guidelines for funding commencing in 2015: available soon
- Criteria for Health and Medical Research of Indigenous Australians (applicable for applicants applying for NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects in the area of Indigenous Health)
- Research Classifications Guides including Broach Research Area, Fields of Research & NHMRC Keyword ⁄ Phrases
- Budget mechanism for funding commencing in 2015
Outcomes of Previous Rounds
- Round 10 – 2014 First Call (TBA)
- Round 9 – 2013 Third Call
- Round 8 – 2013 Second Call
- Round 7 - 2013 First Call
- Round 6 - 2012 Third Call
- Round 5 - 2012 Second Call
- Round 4 - 2012 First Call
- Round 3 - 2011
- Round 2 - 2010
- Round 1 - 2009
Enquiries about the NHMRC Partnership Projects scheme can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Archive information - Documentation for Previous Calls
Documentation to Apply for an NHMRC Partnership Project – 2014 First Call (NOW CLOSED)
- NHMRC Funding Rules Incorporating the NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health - Partnership Projects 2014 First Call for funding commencing in 2014
- NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects 2014 First Call Advice and Instructions to Applicants (PDF, 329KB)
- NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects 2014 First Call Peer Review Guidelines (PDF, 645KB)
- NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects 2014 First Call Grant proposal template (DOCX, 19KB)
- NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects 2014 First Call Guide to Partner Letter of Support (DOCX, 18KB)
- NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects 2014 First Call Category Descriptors (PDF, 55KB)