The Centres of Research Excellence (CRE) Scheme will provide support for teams of researchers to pursue collaborative research and develop capacity in clinical, population health and health services research. Funding will support three schemes:
- CRE in Clinical Research;
- CRE in Health Services Research; and
- CRE in Population Health Research.
In this year’s round, all applicants are required to commence their application and provide the specified minimum data in RGMS by Wednesday 16 January 2013 to allow the NHMRC to start sourcing reviewers with appropriate expertise. Applications initiated after this date will not be accepted.
Special Interest Areas
In addition to the general aims of the CRE Scheme, the scheme is used to identify and support research in special interest areas. For CREs commencing in 2013, the special interest areas are:
- electromagnetic energy; and
- Indigenous health and wellbeing
Further information can be found in the Centres of Research Excellence Funding Rules for funding commencing in 2013.
Apply for funding
NHMRC only accepts applications for this scheme through the Research Grants Management System (RGMS).
- Applications OPENED 28 November 2012
- Applications CLOSED 5pm (AEDST) on 20 February 2013
- Minimum data requirements - 5pm (AEDST) 16 January 2013.
Documentation to apply for a CRE Grant
- Review the Centres of Research Excellence Funding Rules for funding commencing in 2013
- Review the Centres of Research Excellence Peer Review Guidelines for Funding Commencing in 2013
- Review the Centres of Research Excellence Advice and Instructions to Applicants document for funding commencing in 2013
Review the Administering Institutions list
This contains a list of Administering Institutions which is to be used by Applicants when selecting their Administering Institution on the application form.
Criteria for Health and Medical Research of Indigenous Australians
Applicants for CREs in the area of Indigenous Health research are required to address the Criteria for Health and Medical Research of Indigenous Australians.
- Australian Standard Research Classifications & NHMRC Keyword ⁄ Phrases
If you require more information, direct your inquiry to your Research Administration Office in the first instance.
If you require assistance and are unable to satisfy your concern by seeking assistance through your Administering Institution:
Contact the Research Help Centre on 1800 500983, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.