This section of the site contains information about the requirement for institutions that receive NHMRC funding to be registered as an Administering Institution.
NHMRC’s Administering Institution policy
NHMRC released the revised Administering Institution Policy on 4 February 2011. The revised Policy contains information about the categories of institutions which will be considered for registration as an NHMRC Administering Institution. Administering Institutions must demonstrate that they meet all relevant criteria and may be asked to provide additional documentation to support an application for Registration.
- NHMRC Administering Institution Policy 2011 (PDF, 202KB)
- Administering Institution Policy FAQs (PDF, 33KB)
- Clarification regarding employment of CIAs - 21 December 2011 (PDF, 342KB)
- Further clarification regarding employment of CIAs – 5 January 2012 (PDF, 125KB)
NHMRC is currently accepting applications for registration of new Administering Institutions. The form and instructions are provided below.
All Institutions that wish to administer NHMRC grants commencing after 1 January 2012 must apply using the current application process.
- NHMRC Administering Institution Registration Instructions (PDF, 40KB)
- NHMRC Administering Institution Registration Form (PDF, 2.03MB)
If you have any further questions about registration as an Administering Institution, please contact NHMRC, by phone on 02 6217 9050 or 1800 223 391 or by e mail at email@example.com.
Register of NHMRC Administering Institutions
For any queries relating to this Register, please contact the Program Assurance & Research Integrity Section on 1800 223 391 or PA.Info@nhmrc.gov.au
Contact for further information
Program Assurance & Research Integrity Section
(02) 6217 9050