RGMS is a program and portfolio management (PPM) system that enables you to apply for, track and administer NHMRC grants online, as well as participate in peer review.
Researchers can also maintain a profile and curriculum vitae, which is used for application and other administrative purposes.
Registered users can login to RGMS at https://www.rgms.nhmrc.gov.au.
RGMS Account Security Notice for all users
In accordance with Australian Privacy Principles, in particular Australian Privacy Principle 11—security of personal information and Australian Signals Directorate Information Security Manual (ISM), and in line with Whole of Government arrangements the NHMRC are required to update our security requirements.
For further information please see the RGMS Account Security Notice (PDF, 22KB).
To view the updated End User Agreement - RGMS Privacy and Disclosure Notice, click here
To minimise unexpected downtimes and provide predictability, NHMRC has established fixed RGMS maintenance windows between 6am and 9am every Tuesday and Thursday. Please try again later if you are locked out during these periods, or contact the Research Help Centre for further assistance.
RGMS Training Program
A number of user guides and eLearning modules are available to support RGMS users. Refer to the RGMS training page for a list of available materials.
- tab template xls.xls (XLS, 36KB)
- tab template xmlSpreadSheet.xml (XML, 5KB) (xml. file users must save a copy to your desktop for use)
These forms allow you to prepare offline drafts, which can then be copied and pasted into RGMS. Final applications must be submitted through RGMS.
Applicants choosing to use offline forms should note the discrepancy between conventional character counters and the character counting within RGMS. To aid you in conforming to RGMS character limits, a character count application is provided on the NHMRC website.
Important - When clicking on links below, select 'Save' to store a local copy of the form. If you select 'Open' and subsequently use the Back button in your browser, the form and contents will be lost.
Protected Offline forms
- Application Part A Offline Form – All Schemes (PDF, 1.48MB)
- Appendix A – Participating Institutions (PDF, 267KB)
- Appendix B – Fields of Research (PDF,100KB)
- Appendix C – Research Keywords and Phrases (PDF, 500KB)
- Appendix D – Burden of Disease (PDF, 385KB)
- Application Part B Offline Form - Project Grants (PDF, 1.78MB)
- Application Part B Offline Form - Centres of Research Excellence (PDF, 1.45MB)
- Application Part B Offline Form - NHMRC-ARC Dementia Research Development Fellowship (PDF, 1.78MB)
- Application Part B Offline Form - NHMRC-European Union Collaborative Research Grants (PDF, 1.77MB)
Feedback and Further Assistance
NHMRC welcomes all constructive feedback on your RGMS experience. Please email any general feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com if it relates to training.
For assistance using RGMS, please refer to the relevant guide on the RGMS training page, or contact the Research Help Centre by email or phone.
Page last updated on 23 January 2015