A definition of ‘under embargo’ and answers to frequently asked questions.
Results of the 2015 NHMRC Grant Application Round
Grant outcomes for the 2015 NHMRC Grant Application Round will be provided incrementally throughout the year after each announcement. The outcome datasets for 2015 may include a small number of schemes for which applications closed late in 2014 but were peer reviewed and approved for funding in 2015.
To date, the 2015 NHMRC Grant Application Round has resulted in the commitment of more than $763 million to fund health and medical research including 932 new grants to universities, medical research institutions and hospitals across Australia.
Results of the 2014 NHMRC Grant Application Round
The 2014 NHMRC Grant Application Round has resulted in the commitment of more than $780 million to fund health and medical research including 1056 new grants to universities, medical research institutions and hospitals across Australia.
Results of the 2013 NHMRC Grant Application Round
The 2013 NHMRC Grant Application Round resulted in the commitment of more than $811 million to fund health and medical research including 1220 new grants to universities, medical research institutions and hospitals across Australia.
Summary of Outcomes for NHMRC research – 2008 to 2014
A consolidated summary report of NHMRC research funding commitments approved and announced by the Minster for Health from application year 2008 to 2014.
Grants to Create New Knowledge
- 2015 NHMRC Project Grant Outcomes Explanatory Guide (PDF, 62KB)
- Previous outcomes of Project Grants funding rounds
Grants to Accelerate Research Translation
Dementia Research Team Grants - updated 7 August 2015
Centres of Research Excellence
- Development Grants - commencing in 2016 (PDF, 99KB)
- Previous outcomes of Development Grants funding rounds
Targeted and Urgent Calls for Research
Targeted Call for Research
- Targeted Call for Research into Preparing Australia for the Genomics Revolution in Health Care (Genomics TCR) for funding commencing in 2016 (PDF, 105KB)
- Mental Health Targeted Call for Research: Suicide Prevention in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Youth
- Targeted Call - Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
Urgent Call for Research
Grants to Build Australia's Future Capability
NHMRC-ARC Dementia Research Development Fellowships - updated 19 October 2015
Early Career Fellowships
Career Development Fellowships
Translating Research into Practice (TRIP) Fellowships
John Cade Fellowship in Mental Health Research
Training (Postdoctoral) Fellowships
NHMRC / Primary Health Care Research, Evaluation and Development (PHCRED) Fellowships
- NHMRC/Primary Health Care Research, Evaluation and Development (PHCRED) Fellowships - successful recipients 2011
Work with Partners
NHMRC National Institute for Dementia Research Grants
NHMRC – European Union Collaborative Research Grants
Global Alliance for Chronic Disease (GACD)
NHMRC-National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) Joint Call for Research to Enhance Prediction and Improve the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes in China and Australia
- NHMRC- NSFC Joint Call for Research to Enhance Prediction and Improve the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes in China and Australia - for funding commencing in 2016 (PDF, 137KB)
Outcomes of the A*STAR/NHMRC Joint Grant Call for Research on Utilising Integrative Technologies to Combat Emerging Infectious Disease
National Health Research Enabling Capabilities (NHREC)/Enabling Grants
Independent Research Institute Infrastructure Support Scheme (IRIISS)
NHMRC funded research on the effects of electromagnetic energy on human health
- NHMRC grants awarded for research investigating the impact of EME on human health and physiology (1999 - 2013)
Outcomes of funding rounds including Health Services, Ageing Well, General Practice and other specific research grants