The Dementia Research Team Grants Scheme is part of the Boosting Dementia Research Initiative. Dementia Research Team Grants will provide support for teams of researchers over five years to pursue collaborative research, promote effective translation of research, and develop capacity under a dementia research priority framework. The priority framework was developed in consultation with international research funding agencies and spans primary prevention, secondary prevention and treatment and quality of life and care.
Funding will support dementia research across a variety of areas including:
- Discovery Research;
- Clinical Research;
- Population Health Research; and
- Health Services Research
Funded Dementia Research Teams will be funded up to $6.5 million over five years to undertake innovative high quality research, promote effective translation of research into health policy and practice, build capacity in the health and medical research workforce, and provide opportunities to expand collaborations between research teams.
Funded teams will be an integral part of the new NHMRC National Institute for Dementia Research and will contribute to the Institute’s goals to expand dementia research in Australia, ensure better integration with international research and form a focus for rapid translation of evidence into policy and practice.
All applicants are required to commence their application and provide the specified minimum data in RGMS by 24 September 2014 to allow the NHMRC to start eligibility checks and source reviewers with appropriate expertise. Applications initiated after this date will not be accepted.
Apply for funding
NHMRC only accepts applications for this scheme through the Research Grants Management System (RGMS).
- Applications OPEN 8 August 2014
- Applications CLOSE 5pm (AEDT) 8 October 2014
- Minimum data requirements due by 5pm (AEST) 24 September 2014
- CIA residency waiver requests due by 5pm (AEST) 24 September 2014
Documentation to apply for a Dementia Research Team Grant
- Review Section A - NHMRC Funding Rules and Section O - 2014 Dementia Research Team Grants Scheme Specific Information for funding commencing in 2015
- Review the Dementia Research Team Grants Peer Review Guidelines for Funding Commencing in 2015 (PDF, 375KB)
- Review the Dementia Research Team Grants - Advice and Instructions to Applicants for funding commencing 2015 (PDF, 333KB)
- Review the Grant Proposal Template for 2014 Dementia Research Team Grants (DOCX, 19KB)
- Review the Additional Guidance to Applicants on Career Disruption (PDF, 11KB)
- Review the Administering Institutions list
This contains a list of Administering Institutions which is to be used by Applicants when selecting their Administering Institution on the application form.
- Criteria for Health and Medical Research of Indigenous Australians
Applicants for Dementia Research Team Grants in the area of Indigenous Health research are required to address the Criteria for Health and Medical Research of Indigenous Australians.
- Australian Standard Research Classifications and NHMRC Keyword ⁄ Phrases
If you require more information, direct your inquiry to your Research Administration Office in the first instance.
If you require assistance and are unable to satisfy your concern by seeking assistance through your Administering Institution.
Contact the Research Help Centre on 1800 500983, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated on 28 August 2014