Many of NHMRC’s funding schemes address multiple Priority Actions under our 2013-15 Strategic Plan. Our schemes have been categorised below according to their logical and/or primary strategic intention (Create, Translate, Build, Partner) rather than by research topic or discipline. A directory of previous NHMRC grants can be found here.
Grants to Create New Knowledge
These grants focus on providing funding to support the research undertaken to promote the health of all Australians through the creation of knowledge.
Grants to Accelerate Research Translation
NHMRC’s translational schemes fund high quality researchers to conduct the research needed to support the production of scholarly evidence to inform policy and/or practice and the intellectual work to better deal with complex translation pathways.
Grants to Build Australia’s Future Capability
To build Australia’s future capability for research and translation, NHMRC funds the best and brightest researchers and research teams and provides infrastructure support grants to support the infrastructure required to complete health and medical research in Australia.
- Early Career Fellowships - OPEN
- Research Fellowships - OPEN
- Practitioner Fellowships - OPEN
Work With Partners
NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health aims to improve the availability and quality of research evidence to decision makers who design policy and to inform the policy process by supporting more effective connections between the decision makers and the researchers.
- Partnership Projects - OPEN
Collaborative grants aim to provide assistance to Australian researchers to participate in multinational research collaborative projects with international researchers. The focus of these grants can be knowledge creation and/or research translation.
- Cancer Australia – Priority driven Collaborative Cancer Research Scheme
- NHMRC - EU Collaborative Research Grants - UNDER REVIEW
- Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD)
- Human Frontier Science Program
- NHMRC – CIRM Collaborative Research Grants
- NHMRC / A*STAR Joint Grant Call for Research - Utilising Integrative Technologies to Combat Emerging Infectious Disease
- NHMRC - National Institute for Health Research Collaborative Research Grants
Budget Mechanisms for NHMRC Research Funding
The budget mechanisms will assist NHMRC grant applicants in the preparation of the budget component of their grant application.
- Budget mechanism for funding commencing in 2016
- Budget mechanism for funding commencing in 2015
- Budget mechanism for funding commencing in 2014
Page last updated on 27 February 2015