NHMRC’s Administering Institution policy
The NHMRC Administering Institution Policy has been revised and now includes a requirement for institutions to provide an environment that aims to retain and progress women in their health and medical research careers.
This revised NHMRC Administering Institution Policy was released on 18 March 2015. The Policy contains information about the categories of institutions which will be considered for approval as an NHMRC Administering Institution. Administering Institutions must demonstrate that they meet all relevant criteria, including those outlined in Appendix C, and may be asked to provide additional documentation to support an application for approval.
- Administering Institution Policy FAQs (PDF, 33KB)
- Clarification regarding employment of CIAs - 21 December 2011 (PDF, 342KB)
- Further clarification regarding employment of CIAs – 5 January 2012 (PDF, 125KB)
Potential applicants are encouraged to contact NHMRC to discuss their application before submitting their application and associated documentation.
All Institutions that wish to administer NHMRC grants must apply using the current application process.
- NHMRC Administering Institution Registration Application Instructions (PDF, 40KB)
- NHMRC Administering Institution Application Form (PDF, 2.03MB)
Please note that a review of the NHMRC Administering Institution Policy is being conducted and for the time being applications for NHMRC Administering Institution status will not be considered.
NHMRC approved Administering Institutions
Contact for further information
Please direct any enquiries regarding the Administering Institutions to:
Research Administration Section
Archived for Reference