NHMRC established the Community and Consumer Advisory Group (CCAG) in 2013 to provide timely, high level, strategic advice to the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC), including its Council and Principal Committees, on health matters and on health and medical research matters from a consumer and community perspective.
Collectively, the CCAG represented a comprehensive and informed understanding of the perspectives and dynamics of the community and health consumers. CCAG played a key role in providing advice on Cases for Action developed by the Research Translation Faculty.
The advice of the CCAG was provided in addition to the advice and expertise of community and consumer representatives on the Council of NHMRC and its Principal Committees.
CCAG was a Working Committee established under Section 39 of the National Health and Medical Research Council Act 1992 (the NHMRC Act) and is comprised of 16 consumer and community leaders in Australia. Members were appointed for the 2012-15 triennium.
Several members also have membership on NHMRC Principal Committees (see below).
- Ms Karen Carey, Chair
- Hon Fran Bailey
- Ms Sandra Bethell
- Ms Alison Copley
- Hon Hendy Cowan
- Ms Rebecca Davies (also Member of Research Committee)
- Mr Todd Harper
- Mr David Jack
- Mr Demos Krouskos (also Member of Health Care Committee)
- Ms Meagan Lawson (also Member of Prevention and Community Health Committee)
- Ms Anne McKenzie
- Ms Lesley Murphy (also Member of Human Genetics Advisory Committee)
- Ms Kay Oke (also Member of Embryo Research Licensing Committee and Australian Health Ethics Committee)
- Mr Glenn Rees
- Mr John Stubbs
- Dr Moira Watson
Page last updated on 30 June 2015