Publicly available information released following an FOI access request
The NHMRC is required by section 11C of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 to publish a disclosure log on its website. The disclosure log lists information which has been released in response to an FOI access request. This requirement has applied since 1 May 2011.
The disclosure log requirement does not apply to:
- personal information about any person if publication of that information would be unreasonable
- information about the business, commercial, financial or professional affairs of any person if publication of that information would be unreasonable
- other information covered by a determination made by the Australian Information Commissioner if publication of that information would be unreasonable
- any information if it is not reasonably practicable to publish the information because of the extent of modifications that would need to be made to delete the information listed in the above dot points.
Information attached to, or referred to, in the NHMRC’s disclosure log may be removed after 12 months, unless the information has enduring public value.
Accessing information in the Disclosure Log
The information described in the disclosure log table below has been released by the NHMRC under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 and is available for public access:
- Due to technical limitations we may not be able to provide in electronic format some information identified in the disclosure log. Hardcopy documents can be obtained by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A link is provided in the disclosure log below if the information can be downloaded from this website or another website.
- All other information that is not available online may be obtained by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at GPO Box 1421 Canberra ACT 2601.
- There may be documents in the disclosure log that are currently not available in HTML format. If you are unable to read the format provided please contact us for an alternative format. We will try to meet all reasonable requests for an alternative format of the document in a timely manner and at the lowest reasonable cost to you.
A charge may be imposed in certain circumstances to reimburse the NHMRC for the cost incurred in copying or reproducing the information or sending it to you. You will be notified if any charge is payable and required to pay the charge before the information is provided.
NHMRC Freedom of Information disclosure log
Note: The FOI reference number in this table may not be sequential. This can occur because the FOI requests received by the NHMRC have been withdrawn at the request of the applicant, or information is deemed by the relevant Decision Maker to be of a commercial-in-confidential or personal nature, in accordance with section 11C of the FOI Act.
|FOI reference number||Date of decision on application/ Release date||Number of documents or pages / Type of release||FOI topic / information requested||Summary of documents released|
|2015/16-003||7 September 2015||9 documents released in full or part with redactions under Section 47G (1)(a) (19 pages in total)||Potential Conflict of Interest declarations by Professor Ian Hickie and Professor Patrick McGorry since the publication of NHMRC’s document, Guideline Development and Conflicts of Interest: Identifying and Managing Conflict of Interest of Prospective Members of NHMRC Committees and Working Group Guidelines.||
Research Grants Management System(RGMS) data extract and a Disclosure of Interest form
|2014/15-021||10 August 2015 (Decision) / 17 August 2015 (Release)||10 documents released in full or part with redactions under Sections 22 and 47G||
Documents and email correspondence from Jun – Aug 2012 held by NHMRC relating to the homeopathy review, including the agreed review methodology, internal NHMRC correspondence and correspondence between NHMRC and Homeopathy Working Committee members
|Documents, email correspondence|
|2014/15-014||31 July 2015||1 document released in full with redactions under Section 47G (1)(a) (20 pages in total)||The funding application for the NHMRC Project Grant 1060397 (2013) ) "The Beyond Ageing Project: Phase 2", also known as "A selective prevention trial using novel pharmacotherapies in an older age cohort at risk for depression"||The Grant Proposal for Project Grant 1060397|
|2014/15-022||6 July 2015||3 documents released in part with redactions under s47E (4 pages in total)||Documents held by NHMRC relating to the identities of the Peer Review Panel Members responsible for approving Project Grant applications APP1024401, APP1083664 and APP384233||
Screenshots of review assessor detail screen (APP1024401 and APP1083664) from NHMRC’s grant management system. Grant review panel spreadsheet for APP384233.
|2014/15-020||27 May 2015||1 document released in part with redactions under s45(1) (8 pages in total)||Email correspondence between NHMRC and the original contractor employed in relation to the homeopathy review between May 2012 and August 2012||Email correspondence|
|2014/15-017||14 May 2015||3 documents released in full or part with redactions under Section 47F(1)(a)(ii) (8 pages in total)||Documents held by NHMRC relating to the 2010 NICNAS Scientific Review of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity||Documents relating to correspondence with Office of Health Protection and ACT Coroner’s Court|
|2014/15-019||20 April 2015||3 documents released in full with partial redactions (6 pages)||Documents relating to correspondence between NHMRC and the Hon Sussan Ley MP between 23 December 2014 and 30 March 2015 in relation to the review of natural therapies and the private health insurance rebate||Information Brief, QTB and correspondence relating to the Homeopathy Review|
|2014/15-010||24 March 2015||23 documents released in full or part with redactions under s22 (68 pages in total)||Documents relating to correspondence with or interactions between NHMRC and food industry representatives from Woolworths, the Coca Cola Company, Coca Cola Amatil, McDonald’s, Nestle or the Australian Food and Grocery Council, between January 2012 and 7 December 2014||Public Consultations, Submissions, email correspondence, briefing notes, agenda papers|
|2014/15-009||28 January 2015||1 document with redactions under s22 and s47 (60 pages in total)||Documents relating to the 2014-15 budget commitments to the Clem Jones Centre for Ageing Dementia Research||Finalised Grant Agreement of August 2014 between NHMRC and The University of Queensland (administering on behalf of the Clem Jones Centre for Ageing Dementia Research)|
The FOI Act also requires the NHMRC to actively publish a range of information under the Information Publication Scheme (IPS). For further information, view our Information Publication Scheme page.
Information about making a Freedom of Information request, in relation to information held by the NHMRC, can be found on our Freedom of Information page.