NHMRC participates in an internship program for undergraduates and coordinates an in-house program for PhD or Masters students.
Internship program for undergraduates
NHMRC participates in the Australian National Internships Program administered by the Australian National University. The internship allows individuals to undertake projects in the NHMRC as part of their study program. If you are interested in an internship with the NHMRC, see the Australian National Internships Program.
Internship program for PhD or Masters students
The NHMRC’s internship program provides a wide range of opportunities for students to gain insight into the work of the NHMRC, as well as to enhance their educational experience through practical work assignments. An internship with the NHMRC provides:
- exposure to government processes and requirements in relation to funding health and medical research,
- experience in developing guidelines, identifying and promoting resolution of ethical issues,
- exposure to mechanisms and challenges of disseminating and increasing uptake of knowledge, and
- better understanding of the rationale for, and demands of, public administration and accountability.
The program also provides the NHMRC with the assistance of qualified students who are specialised in relevant occupational fields.
Every year a limited number of places for internships are available in our Canberra and Melbourne offices.
Internships are available in a wide variety of areas related to the work of the NHMRC.
To find out more please see our Internship Information, which details eligibility and selection, as well as a brief branch summary and the terms and conditions of the program.
Further information and application form
- Internship Program Information (DOC, 97KB)
- Internship Program Information (PDF, 58KB)
- Internship Program Application form (DOC, 194KB)
- Internship Program Application form (PDF, 76KB)